WHAT TO BRING:
Bring solid comfortable clothing or robes. Tank tops and shorts are not permitted in the temple. Refrain from wearing clothes with patterns and logos. The summers are warm and the winters are cold – bring appropriate clothes.
No strong scents or elaborate jewelry, please. Please turn pagers, cell phones, or anything that beeps off – you may use them once a day for 30 minutes. You may also wish to bring a broad-rimmed hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen for outside work.
Bring medications, herbs, and vitamins as needed. Bring a sleeping bag, pillow and an extra wrap for cold mornings.
FOR FOLKS PLANNING A 30 DAY OR LONGER STAY:
- We will need a letter plus contact information from a teacher, minister or mentor which should include a phone contact so we can speak with them in person.
- Write 1-2 paragraphs about your work and volunteer history.
- If you have been living in monasteries or centers: where, and who can we contact about your stay there?
- All stays are subject to a one-week trial basis.
- Please submit a 1-2 paragraph statement of intent along with the application.
MT ADAMS ZEN BUDDHIST TEMPLE SOLITARY RETREATS